The Artist Spirit

Betty Slade, Artist

The Master Artist speaks. He opened my human heart and His paintbrush danced across the recesses of my dark soul.

The canvas surrendered, love awakened and a new creation began. And the Master Artist dipped His brush into the paint and gently wrote His name upon my soul. "I have set you as a seal upon My heart, as a seal upon My arm." Song of Solomon 8:6 "Now you must set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon arm, for love is as strong as death."



Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Garden Enclosed

Song of Solomon 4:12,15 "A garden enclosed is my sister, my spouse. A spring shut up, a fountain sealed. .. A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon."

The Master Painter looked at His creation. It is the planting of His soul on the face of earth. In a spot on earth, He called His own, He put into it His heart. He called the Canvas His garden. 

"I have planted in you my love, My creation of flowers and special spices, I have caused fountains of water to spring forth, I have caused it to run as streams to a thirsty earth. Surrender to Me, my love, I have brought heaven into you.

I have felt the red brush of passion sweep across my surface, I have not understood the green drops across my torso and white swirls of baby breaths across my heart. Why have you taken so much care with me, I am just a clump of clay, hard and brittle?

I have made you a witness for my beauty.  I want the whole earth to see My glory in you. You are My Master Piece.  I have a beautiful image in My mind. You do not know who you will be, but I do. Trust Me.
It will be a garden for others to take nourishment from and drink new life.

Surrender to My touch, my sister, my spouse.

Song of Solomon 5:1 "I have come into my garden...I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb  with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my mile. Eat, O friends... Drink abundantly O beloved."


Meadows of Grace

As the little flowers lift their heads
full of expectant praise,
their beauty captures all eyes
and their fragrance...
Happy to be where
children laugh and play
where problems fade away.

When day is done and everyone is gone
little flowers no longer
lift their heads,
crushed under the careless play.
As the children run away
forgetful of the meadows left behind
carrying with them
the fragrance of the day.

Where children touch you, they touch my fragrance of this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment