The Artist Spirit

Betty Slade, Artist

The Master Artist speaks. He opened my human heart and His paintbrush danced across the recesses of my dark soul.

The canvas surrendered, love awakened and a new creation began. And the Master Artist dipped His brush into the paint and gently wrote His name upon my soul. "I have set you as a seal upon My heart, as a seal upon My arm." Song of Solomon 8:6 "Now you must set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon arm, for love is as strong as death."



Thursday, December 9, 2010

Man of Sorrow

Man of Sorrow
Song of Solomon 5:2 "I sleep, but my heart is awake; It is the voice of my beloved. He knocks, saying, 'open for me, my sister, my love, my dove, my perfect one; for my head is covered with dew, My locks with the drops of the night.'"

How can I open to you, I have taken off my robe; how can I put in on again? Do you know what you are asking? I have washed my feet, how can I defile them?

The Master Painter responds, "You do not know what I am asking? I am going to the cross for you, I am asking you to come with me. Unless you have the mark of the cross on you, you will not know resurrected life or the power of it. I am asking to lay my head upon your bosom. Let me know you understand what I must do. I am tired and weary. I need you to understand."

You are scaring me. I don't want to know you as the suffering one, I want to know you as King. I have washed myself, I have done all the things I need to do. Come back when I am ready.

My foolish sister, it is my love that has washed you, and prepared you for the throne. Open to me, I stand at your door. My hands are filled with myrrh, my fingers with liquid myrrh, this sorrow is for you. 

My heart responded, but it was too late. I reached for the opening in the door, and I felt his pain on my finger tips, when I opened to Him, He was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment