The Artist Spirit

Betty Slade, Artist

The Master Artist speaks. He opened my human heart and His paintbrush danced across the recesses of my dark soul.

The canvas surrendered, love awakened and a new creation began. And the Master Artist dipped His brush into the paint and gently wrote His name upon my soul. "I have set you as a seal upon My heart, as a seal upon My arm." Song of Solomon 8:6 "Now you must set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon arm, for love is as strong as death."



Friday, December 3, 2010

Neglected Soul

Song of Solomon 1:6 - "Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me. My mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards, but mine own vineyard have I not kept."

Why would you look upone me. I am rugged because of my existence. I do not know to be pampered, I only know to be what I need to be for others.

The Master Artist responds, "My dear child, did you not know that I put you in the vineyard to begin to show you where you were and how far you needed to come. I allowed others to treat you badly, so you would understand the tenderness of love.

But what must I do with the years that have been taken from me in bitterness, when my brothers taunted me and my life had no purpose?

Understand, my love, my soul, you are all you are suppose to be, and the years that have been stolen from you will be given to you back in double blessing. You could not know the double blessing without the pain.

Negletect Soul

Battered about with life cares
bending to the demans of others,
unaware of hr own neglected soul.

Do not look upon her
there is nothing to see
just someone,
just another face.

Oh neglected soul,
you have a saviour...
Jesus is His name.
He has been drawing you
from the very first day.

Awakened by a seed of faith
dropped into a needy heart,
watered by heaven's dew,
beginning life anew.

No longer a neglected soul
she will know her worth
accepted in the Beloved
the King has called her today.

No comments:

Post a Comment