The Artist Spirit

Betty Slade, Artist

The Master Artist speaks. He opened my human heart and His paintbrush danced across the recesses of my dark soul.

The canvas surrendered, love awakened and a new creation began. And the Master Artist dipped His brush into the paint and gently wrote His name upon my soul. "I have set you as a seal upon My heart, as a seal upon My arm." Song of Solomon 8:6 "Now you must set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon arm, for love is as strong as death."



Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wounded

Song of Solomon 5:6,7 I opened for my  beloved, but my beloved had turned away and was gone. My heart went out to him when he spoke. I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave no answer. The watchmen who went about the city found me. They struck me, they wounded me, the keepers of the walls took my veil away from me.

Why were they so angry with me? They struck me and took off my veil. I turned away my love, He came to me as the Man of Sorrow. Before I could reach for the door, He was gone, I looked for him and I asked others if they had seen Him, they beat me. I felt his myrrh on my fingers, the pain went to my heart.

My Dear creation, the world hates me, they will hate you. You have identified with me and those who fight their maker are convicted and mocked by your love and desperation for me.

They took off my veil. They took away my dignity, they laid me bare.

My precious one, you are beginning to feel the pain of the one who you turned away. You have agreed to receive the Man of Sorrow. This is the marking of the cross on your soul. It is not you they hate, it is Me they hate.

Wounded

So misunderstood, my hart is in despair
so alone with feelings of confusion.
Friends I expect to understand
become the wounds in my flesh.

My heart wants to run
away from scrutinizing jeers.
My love worn outwardly
bears unwanted truth to unready hearts.

The wounds in my sou,
pierced by a two-edged sword.
Cutting between my soul and spirit
only to become my weapon of truth
discerning my own thoughts and intents.

My heart stands naked and opened
to the eyes of Him
to whom I must give an account.
My wounds, too, are not hidden
from His sight.
I must some day stand judged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment