The Artist Spirit

Betty Slade, Artist

The Master Artist speaks. He opened my human heart and His paintbrush danced across the recesses of my dark soul.

The canvas surrendered, love awakened and a new creation began. And the Master Artist dipped His brush into the paint and gently wrote His name upon my soul. "I have set you as a seal upon My heart, as a seal upon My arm." Song of Solomon 8:6 "Now you must set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon arm, for love is as strong as death."



Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gentle Wooing

Gently Wooing
Song of Solomon 1:7 "Tell me, O you whom I love, where you feed your flock, where you make it rest at noon. For why should I be as one who veils herself, by the flocks of your companions?

The Master Artist responded to the need of His creation, "If you do not know, O fairest among women, follow in the footsteps of the flock, and feed your little goats beside the shepherds' tents." SOS 1:8

The Canvas cried out, "Where do I belong? I have left my brother's vineyard and now I am between what I know and what I do not know. I do not know how to belong in your world. My only recourse is to walk with your sheep and stay close to what seems like your way.

The Creator approached His canvas and heard the cry of her soul, "I know how you are to be. Right now, you are incomplete, you do not know what I have in store for you. You do not know that you are undone, except you see your dark skin and you feel you look different. I need to show you it is not your skin but your heart, I need to change.

You must learn a new walk. Stay close to me, stay by my tent. You will learn one step at a time, how it is to enter into my world.

Gently Wooing
Drawn with gently cords,
bonds of love,
resistance fails
as His mighty love draws me close.

Constraining love bursts forth
beyond the boundaries so familiar
in cautious response,
a new life begun.

The sweetness of new wine pours forth
a taste of heaven
and the goodness of God.
Oh, so sweet to trust the Saviour
and His precious name.

I must be with Him,
my heart's delight.
Just a glimpse of His gentle eyes
a word from Him
just knowing I Belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment