The Artist Spirit

Betty Slade, Artist

The Master Artist speaks. He opened my human heart and His paintbrush danced across the recesses of my dark soul.

The canvas surrendered, love awakened and a new creation began. And the Master Artist dipped His brush into the paint and gently wrote His name upon my soul. "I have set you as a seal upon My heart, as a seal upon My arm." Song of Solomon 8:6 "Now you must set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon arm, for love is as strong as death."



Monday, December 13, 2010

This, My Friend

Song of Solomon 5:10,11,16

My beloved is white and ruddy, Chief among ten thousand. His head is like the finest gold; His locks are wavy, and black as a raven...His mouth is most sweet, Yes, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem!


My Friend

I asked everyone if they had seen my friend. I explained to them what he looked like. I turned him away, and now I can not sleep without him.

"What is your beloved, more than another beloved, O fairest among women? What is your beloved more than another beloved, that you so charge us to tell you if we find you. You asked us to tell him you are lovesick.

He is the love of my life, he is more than any other or another beloved. He can not be compared. He is Love, the love I wanted and did not know how to receive.

Where has your beloved gone, O fairest among women? Where has your beloved turned aside, that we may seek him with you?

This, my Friend!

The measure of a friend
cannot be marked
distance far or near, stand the same.

Words passed between two friends
need not be uttered.
A soft heart
of total acceptance binds my fears away
capturing the unconquered.

This, my friend, takes me to
the highest point of my existence
and yet brings me
to the nearness of my own heart.
An anchor to steady me,
my hope rooted in solid ground.

My beloved is altogether lovely
and this is my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment