The Artist Spirit

Betty Slade, Artist

The Master Artist speaks. He opened my human heart and His paintbrush danced across the recesses of my dark soul.

The canvas surrendered, love awakened and a new creation began. And the Master Artist dipped His brush into the paint and gently wrote His name upon my soul. "I have set you as a seal upon My heart, as a seal upon My arm." Song of Solomon 8:6 "Now you must set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon arm, for love is as strong as death."



Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Different Frame of Mind

Song of Solomon 3:"6 "Who is this coming out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke riding on the King's chariot?"

A Different Frame of Mind (24X30 Oil)

"You must change your mind," the Master Artist insisted. "You want to have things that are not meant for you. You willl only be complete in the way I have you in my  mind. You think you want to be different, you want your life idfferent, l know how you are made and anything outside of that design, will not satisfy you."

"How can I trust you, my beloved? I know I am at your mercy, you hold the brush, I am only the canvas."

"You are more than just the canvas, I have written my love upon your soul. I have laid down my life for you. I have chosen you to ride on my chariot and I have put Life in you, My life." You are coming out of the wilderness. The wilderness represents testing and you have been assayed and have been proven. Just as my Son went to the wilderness for forty days and came out with power. You have come out with power from the wilderness, you have pillars of smoke rises from you"

"Why didn't you makeme to belong in the chariot, the people wag their tongues, and wonder why a little Shulamite has stolen the heart of the King and sits upon His chariot. I don't belong there. I belong in the vineyard."

"When will you trust me? I know what I am doing. It's true, you don't belong in that new Life, that place in my chariot, but I have written my love upon your heart, you belong to me, therefore you belong in my chariot." 

No comments:

Post a Comment