The Artist Spirit

Betty Slade, Artist

The Master Artist speaks. He opened my human heart and His paintbrush danced across the recesses of my dark soul.

The canvas surrendered, love awakened and a new creation began. And the Master Artist dipped His brush into the paint and gently wrote His name upon my soul. "I have set you as a seal upon My heart, as a seal upon My arm." Song of Solomon 8:6 "Now you must set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon arm, for love is as strong as death."



Monday, November 1, 2010

Two Faces of Eve

Song of Solomon 2:17 "Until the day breaks and the shadows flee away, Turn, my beloved, and be like a gazelle or a young stag upon the mountains of Bether."


Two Faces of Eve (Oil 24 X30)

Portrait in Paint! My independence is important to me. I want to be all I can be, I will gladly pay the price. I will gladly eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. I can not surrender to you, I will lose my freedom. I will gladly be beguiled for my own wants.

"Do not send me away to the Mountains of Separation, My love. I have come for you to learn how to skip on the mountain tops with me in My resurrected Life.


I want to love you, My Lord, as you have loved me. I can not help but betray you. You are still the One I love, My Lord, but I must wait behind my wall of deception..


"I will go away and wait for you. I will not awaken your love until it pleases."

Until the day breaks, when the morning light comes up behind the mountain, then I will seek you. In the night hours, I sought the one I loved, but He had left me. My independence has brought death to me. How can I run back to the one I love, who walked with me daily in the garden.


The subtle serpent has wrapped himself around me and he goes  in and out of my mind with his many colors and cunning ways. Stop the noises in my head, My Love and Lord

 I am the Master Painter and I have defeated the serpent on the cross. He has entered into your painting by your will and your disobedience. You have fought against My touch. You have rejected the colors of My heart. You have wanted to paint your own life.


With only a stroke, My Word became flesh. And My flesh came in the likeness of man. I have destroyed the works of the evil one. You must turn to me, My sister, My spouse. My love is enough." I have given you free will, but you must chose me.

No comments:

Post a Comment