The Artist Spirit

Betty Slade, Artist

The Master Artist speaks. He opened my human heart and His paintbrush danced across the recesses of my dark soul.

The canvas surrendered, love awakened and a new creation began. And the Master Artist dipped His brush into the paint and gently wrote His name upon my soul. "I have set you as a seal upon My heart, as a seal upon My arm." Song of Solomon 8:6 "Now you must set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon arm, for love is as strong as death."



Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ramona's Dilemma

Song of Solomon 6:13 "Return, return, O Shulamite; Return, return  that we may look upon you."

Ramona's Dilemma (Oil 24X30)
 "What would you see in the Shulamite - As it were, the dance of the double camp?

The daughters of Jerusalem  saw her countenance fall. She had the love of the King on her face, now it was her smug love that covered her face. They called to her, return, return, repent, repent!

I don't know how to return to that state of grace. Will I ever feel like the way I felt when I first came to him. I had no expectations, I knew I had nothing within me that was desirable. And He chose me anyway.

I am no longer dancing as one with my love. We are like the dance of the double camp. I will not let the Master Painter go until we become one again. The music has changed in my heart. I have lost the feeling I had before..

"You must learn to dance the heavenly dance. I must lead, you must follow. As Jacob strived with me all night until morning, refusing to let me go until I blessed him, the same must the canvas do.

You must learn  - this spirit of mine has come into you, my canvas, it is not a feeling, it is the substance of my love and you must learn to receive it in faith.

Will you forgive me? What have I done?

No comments:

Post a Comment