The Artist Spirit

Betty Slade, Artist

The Master Artist speaks. He opened my human heart and His paintbrush danced across the recesses of my dark soul.

The canvas surrendered, love awakened and a new creation began. And the Master Artist dipped His brush into the paint and gently wrote His name upon my soul. "I have set you as a seal upon My heart, as a seal upon My arm." Song of Solomon 8:6 "Now you must set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon arm, for love is as strong as death."



Sunday, November 21, 2010

Penelope - Engulfed


Engulfed - Penelope (Oil 24X30)

Song of Solomon 6:11 "I went down to the garden of nuts, to see the verdure of the valley, to see whether the vine had budded and the pomegranates had bloomed. Before I was even aware, My soul has made me as the chariots of my noble people."

"When I came out of the wilderness, pillars of smoke encompassed me. I remember the ride in the King's chariot. Others wondered why I was asked to ride in the King's chariot. They wondered why I belonged. After I told them it was because the King chose me in love, they still questioned.

I was overcome by the pillars of smoke, the Holy Spirit which took me over in ecstasy. I began looking inside of my garden for the fruit and the nuts. In my importance, I saw myself as the chariot of my noble people.

The Master Painter caressed the soul of the canvas. He wrapped his heart around her as He painted the ethereal clouds about her head. He knew her spirit must be tested as to spiritual purity. His Spirit was strong on  the canvas as he intently painted her eyes to match heaven's color, Her face lifted to Him in surrendered.

"How beautiful you are my love, my spouse."

The Canvas felt engulfed in heavenly passion. Before she was even aware, she had fallen into her own importance. She felt she was the answer for others who were destitute in spirit. Other canvases did not have the same passion on them. She must be special.

The daughters cried to her,
"Return, return, O Shulamite;
Return, return, that we may look upon you." Song of Solomon 6:13
Repent they yelled to her. We want you to be like you once were, we want to look upon your face, so we can see the love of the King.


"

No comments:

Post a Comment