The Artist Spirit

Betty Slade, Artist

The Master Artist speaks. He opened my human heart and His paintbrush danced across the recesses of my dark soul.

The canvas surrendered, love awakened and a new creation began. And the Master Artist dipped His brush into the paint and gently wrote His name upon my soul. "I have set you as a seal upon My heart, as a seal upon My arm." Song of Solomon 8:6 "Now you must set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon arm, for love is as strong as death."



Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mary, Do Not Cling To Me!

5: 8 Song of Solomon, ""I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, if you find my beloved, that you tell him I am lovesick!"
Mary, Do Not Cling to Me! (Oil 24 X30)


I went through the city and searched for Him until I  found the one I love.

 Why do I love Him?  The One my heart runs to, the One who has captured my thoughts and my attention during the night hours, He is the One who is truly worthy of all my affections. He has pursued me in His glory and laid down His life in exchange for my life.

"I am captured by your tresses, My love", The Songresponded to me. "You parade me through the city as a captured prisoner and I gladly yield to you."

Portrait in Paint! "Mary, Do not Cling to Me. You must let go of Me. You will no longer know me in the flesh, but in the spirit. I will return to you. I am sending the Holy Spirit who will bring My love to you. You will carry me in your heart. When others ask, the Light of my love will be your answer and you will be My witness."


Come quickly, I cry. I can not live without you.

"And you won't. I am here with you, My love, My sister, My spouse."

No comments:

Post a Comment