The Artist Spirit

Betty Slade, Artist

The Master Artist speaks. He opened my human heart and His paintbrush danced across the recesses of my dark soul.

The canvas surrendered, love awakened and a new creation began. And the Master Artist dipped His brush into the paint and gently wrote His name upon my soul. "I have set you as a seal upon My heart, as a seal upon My arm." Song of Solomon 8:6 "Now you must set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon arm, for love is as strong as death."



Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lillian's Pearl


Lillian's Pearl (Oil 24 X30)
Song of Solomon 1:8, 9, 10, 11 "...O fairest among women...I have compared you, my love; to my filly among Pharaoh's chariots. Your cheeks are lovely with ornaments, Your neck with chains of tole. We will make you ornaments of gold with studs of silver."

Why do you look upon me as one who has ornaments about my neck and gold in my ears? I am not worthy of your praise, I don't belong to those who's lives are at ease and pampered. Why have you chosen me from the rows of the vineyard. The sun has looked upon me, I am dark.

" With one stroke of my brush, you came alive to Me. Oh my love, when the sun looked upon you and you saw yourself dark, I saw yout as if the light of the sun shone upon you and pointed you  to me. I see your heart. I see you as the fairest among women. Allow Me the privilege of loving you.

"You embarrass me with your description. I blush at your words, but I want to hear more. Keep telling me until I believe it. I have never known anyone like you before.

Why do you give me all your attention? Others deserve it more.

"Because I love you. You have responded to my touch, My bride Spirit. You are betroth to me. Your government will be upon my shoulders. My care, provision and protection is my up most concern. Are you willing to come to me even in the death of the cross? This is where I will meet you, out of death, comes life."

No comments:

Post a Comment